Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Crisp Morning



We have been slogging through some wet weather and soggy conditions in New York and on the east coast, which have been coloring my mood and I suspect that of many folks -- and having just come through Hurricane Irene last weekend.   As I was looking through some images this evening, I stumbled upon this photograph taken on a chilly January morning -- the last day of January in fact -- in 2010.  There was a cool crispness in the air and a feeling of promise which greeted me as I stepped out onto the street that day.  Given the weather conditions and what seems to a rather pervasive gloominess in abundance of late,  I found myself very drawn to this image tonight, and the feelings I had that morning which prompted me to take it.  Perhaps it will stimulate a similar hopefulness in others too.

No comments: